Terms & Conditions of Hire – SLP Event Hire Ltd
14 Mount Crescent, Hockley, Essex, SS5 5AE
1. Definitions 1.1. “The Customer” means organisation or person who purchases goods and services from the company.
1.2. “The Company” means SLP Event Hire Ltd
1.3. The “Goods” are any items supplied by contract between the customer and SLP Event Hire Ltd, regardless of ownership.
1.4. The “Contract” is any written or verbal agreement between SLP Event Hire Ltd and the customer.
2. General 2.1. These terms and conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of goods or services by the company to the customer.
2.2. All goods remain the property of the company.
2.3. The company reserve the right to substitute any items as a result of circumstances beyond its control.
2.4. All goods, once signed for become the responsibility of the customer.
2.5. Goods shall be delivered in good working order. Unless notice is received to the contrary as soon as reasonably possible and in any event no later than 24 hours, goods shall be deemed to be in good working order.
2.6. No substitute items shall be accepted by the company.
3. Delivery & Collection 3.1. Delivery and collections will be charged as agreed at the time of order.
3.2. Delivery and collections made outside normal working hours shall be subject to extra cost.
3.3. Unless a lift is available deliveries and collections shall only be made to the ground floor level that has reasonable access (at the driver’s discretion).
3.4. Collections are welcome by prior arrangement and within normal working hours.
4. Price & Payment 4.1. A quote shall be submitted by the company to the customer along with these terms and conditions.
4.2. Acceptance of this quote either verbally or in writing becomes subject to a cancellation fee of 25% of the total value of the goods ordered or 100% of the total value of the goods if cancelled less than 7 days prior to the delivery date.
4.3. Payment in part or in full of any quote to supply goods and or services herein referred to shall be deemed as acceptance of these Term & Conditions.
4.4. All prices are based on 1-3 days hire. Longer periods shall be extra as indicated at the time of order.
4.5. When placing an order over £100 a deposit of 25% will be taken to reserve the goods, with the balance to be paid in full a minimum of 10 working days prior to delivery date, unless otherwise arranged. Orders under £100 shall require payment in full a minimum of 10 days before delivery, unless otherwise arranged.
4.6. Account holders only. The company shall be entitled to charge interest on overdue invoices from the day the invoice becomes due to the date it is paid in full at a rate of 20% per annum above the base rate of The Bank of England. In the event the customer’s procedures require that an invoice be submitted against a purchase order to payment, the customer shall be responsible for issuing such purchase order before goods are delivered.
4.7. We accept payment in cash, cheque, online credit card payments or BACS. (Please note credit card payments are subject to a surcharge of 3%).
4.8. Payment is only accepted from the person placing the order and not from a third party.
4.9. The company’s minimum order is £50.00 plus delivery; there are no minimum orders for collection.
5. Your responsibilities 5.1. Customers shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure the goods are not damaged or misused during the hire period.
5.2. The customer shall not attempt to sell or otherwise dispose of the goods.
5.3. The customer shall pay the company for any repair or replacement of goods that are lost, stolen or damaged beyond reasonable repair.
6. Liability & Indemnity 6.1. To the fullest extent, the company shall not be liable for any losses the customer may incur arising out of or in connection with the hire of goods.
6.2. The customer agrees to indemnify the company at all times in respect of claims by any person in relation to any injury, loss, and claim or expense arising out of or in connection with the use of the goods.
7. Termination of Hire 7.1. The company reserves the right to terminate the contract immediately and repossess the goods at any time where the customer is in breach of these Terms & Conditions.
7.2. Where provision of clause 6.1 applies you the customer authorise the company to enter any property where the goods are being used in order to repossess such goods.
8. Notes 8.1. Please note these terms and conditions do not affect the customer’s statutory rights as a consumer.